Opening day is right around the corner and we’ve been getting ready for you!
Here’s what you can expect opening weekend and what’s new for the season:
- We have a new point of sale system; we’ve modernized and invested in internet service at the orchard. We hope you’ll like the updated customer service this will provide.
- We’ve added a number of new community oriented events using our newly renovated barn!
- Apple harvest is underway! We start with First Kiss™, look for Zestar!, RedFree and opening weekend. We have a beautiful crop ripening out there, with harvest running a little bit behind last year.
- Pick-Your-Own apples is on Saturdays and Sundays; except for Labor Day Monday! We will have PYO on September 5th! For Labor Day Weekend we will be picking Zestar! A wonderful all around apple.
- We’ll have yummy apple donuts, caramel apples, cookies and your other favorites in the Apple Shed; the food trailer will not be open for lunch opening weekend.
- We don’t have a lot of bells and whistles here! A picnic area, tractor, some farm animals and a nature trail are available daily during orchard hours.
- Like everywhere else, you’ll see some price increases at the Orchard, we’ve tried to keep them at a minimum but in some areas we haven’t raised prices for a few years.
- Opening weekend is also the first weekend for all new staff. We ask for your patience as we get our feet under us for a new season!
This space is updated weekly with a peek at the coming weekend.
Starting September 3 our hours will be: Open Daily from 10 am to 6 pm
As a reminder, our Apple Hotline is available 24/7 to check on what varieties we have in the store. 651-257-9159.