Pleasant Valley Orchard’s Pick-Your-Own Strawberry has come to a close for 2019! Thanks everyone for spending part of your summer mornings with us.
Pleasant Valley Orchard offers three acres of mouth-watering strawberries for your picking enjoyment! What better way to enjoy summer than picking your own strawberries?
To plan your trip here are a few things to remember:
- You don’t need to worry about bringing containers! We provide them.
- Our fields are super clean. The straw mulch that protects the berries from the harsh Minnesota winters makes for minimal dirt, mud and weeds.
- Our staff is frantastic, friendly and helpful. When you arrive at the patch, our young team will show you where to pick and give you directions for the best picking experience. Please listen to them as they are there to help you!
- We’re not fancy. Just an awning, some tables, a couple of scales, and water available for sale if you need it.
- We take cash, checks or credit cards.
- We welcome families with young children, but be warned, we weigh them on their way in and out.
- We ask that you leave your pets at home. They don’t do well picking berries.
- The price this year for PYO is $2.60 per pound.
- Pre-picked berries are available at our discretion and are $5 per quart.
- Our fields are clean, a slight breeze keeps bugs at a minimum and the berries are delightful.
If this is your first time to the patch, come to the main orchard parking area for directions to the strawberry patch. The patch is located in our back fields. You will find directions with a map in the black mail box by the orchard banners.
Strawberries for Good Health!
Strawberries rank among the best fruits for healthy diets. With only 50 calories, more vitamin C than an orange and no cholesterol or saturated fat per cup, these tasty treats make a nutritious snack. Strawberries can help reduce birth defects, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and strokes.