Fall is definitely upon us and officially arrives this Tuesday, September 22nd. This week we’ve noticed a change in colors on the trees in the brush swamp and the nature trail is giving you a hint of what is to come on those big, gorgeous maples and oak trees.
The apple harvest continued this week. Our beautiful crop of SweeTango™’s are mostly harvested and they are selling like hot cakes. SweeTango is crisp and sweet, with a lively touch of citrus, honey and spice. This apple offers unmatched texture – perfectly crunchy and satisfyingly juicy. If you haven’t tried one yet, come on out!
Apples available in the store include Zestar!, Wealthy and Chestnut Crab. We also have Patten and Lucious Pears. Orchard ripened pears are absolutely the best.
I know you’re all wondering about that perennial favorite – Honeycrisp. We’ve been watching them closely and harvest will begin next week, and available in the store as soon as we are able. As you know, we pick our apples at the peak of ripeness, which for us means, most flavorful.
This weekend, September 19 & 20, pick-your-own apples will be on Cortland and SweeTango™.
Our goal this fall is to provide you with a fun fall experience, amazing apples and bakery, while keeping you, your family, our staff and our family safe.
- We will have extra hand-washing stations available outside
- Masks are required in the Appleshed.
- Please have a designated shopper to minimize large groups in the Appleshed.
- We will have an Express Window for those busy fall weekends later in the season.
- Please practice social distancing with others outside of your party
- Please do not come to the orchard if you or anyone else in your party is not feeling well
- Please closely supervise children
- Follow directions and signs while at the orchard
- Please practice patienc