Strawberry Season is just around the corner. We have an amazing crop ripening and expect to open sometime in mid-June; with the expectation we will be able to offer longer hours and the season should run through and beyond July 4th. (Assuming the weather cooperates!)
As you plan your trip – here are a few things to remember!
- Strawberries are good for your health! With only 50 calories, more vitamin C than an orange and no cholesterol or saturated fat per cup, these tasty treats make a nutritious snack. Strawberries can help reduce birth defects, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and strokes.
- We are a small strawberry patch; three acres filled with an amazing amount of mouth-watering, fresh berries ready to pick.
- You don’t need to worry about bringing containers! We provide them.
- Our fields are super clean. The straw mulch that protects the berries from the harsh Minnesota winters makes for minimal dirt, mud and weeds.
- Our staff are fantastic, friendly and helpful. When you arrive at the patch, our young team will show you where to pick and give you directions for the best picking experience. Please listen to them as they are there to help you!
- We’re not fancy. Just an awning, some tables, a couple of scales, and water available for sale if you need it.
- We take cash, checks or credit cards.
- We welcome families with young children, but be warned, we weigh them on their way in and out.
- We ask that you leave your pets at home. They don’t do well picking berries.
- The price this year for PYO is $2.40 a pound.
- We generally open daily at 8 am and are open until all the ripe berries are picked that day.
- We invite you to call ahead to double check picking conditions and times as they can vary depending on ripening and weather conditions. (651-257-9159). We are unable to return phone calls.
- If you want to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, we welcome you to like, share and post your own pictures.